My drugstore favs!! Part 1
So with my industry being directly affected by the awesome economy, I’ve had to cut down quite a bit on the hauls. Ok, ok… so I haven’t cut down I’ve just redirected my funds to more affordable products. Here are some of my favs in no particular order.
1. Ecotools Bamboo Angled Eyeliner Brush – My Mac 266 has retired to my eyebrow brush since I bought this bad boy. I would recommend this to anybody in a heartbeat. I use it for any gel and cream eyeliners. It gives me a super precise line and at under $5 I can even grab some backups. I seriously can’t live without this brush. LOVES IT!!
2. Revlon Beyond Natural line – I have the gloss and the tints and love them both. The gloss is great when you don’t feel like having super shiny, sticky lips. I always get compliments when I wear it. I have it in nude and pink. They are creamy and opaque and actually gives me color (I have super pigmented lips). They are also glitter free which I love. Sometimes I just wanna tone it down ya know? It also smells divine… butterscotch maybe? They are very moisurizing and the nude is a perfect nude for me. It also makes a great base for when I want to “erase” the color of my lips for another color. The liptint applies more like a moisturizing light lipstick in my opinion. Def more pigmented then I thought it would be. It has a nice fruity smell, kinda like raspberries.
3. Milani Crystal Gloss in Secret – This is totally the gloss I reach for the most. If you like the nude, milky lip look this is a must have. The texture is perfect for me because I hate a sticky gloss. The staying power is great considering it isn’t sticky. It smells so sweet and yummy!!! I would die if they ever discontinued this gloss…. I want to try all of the colors now.
4. L’oreal Hip Truth Cream Eyeliner – These are pretty pricey for a drugstore liner but pick em up on sale and its a steal. These do not smudge, smear, move or budge on me whatsoever. They apply smoothly and are not streaky. I actually picked up Mac Waveline Fluidline and returned it because my Hip liner in midnight blue is so much prettier. It even applied better. Waveline was so streaky!! I had to apply it 4 or 5 times to get a solid line and even then it wasn’t up to par. A Mac makeup artist told me I had to wait for it to completely dry and then apply my layers. For $15 a pop thats too much work for me.
5. NYC Color Wheel Mosaic Face Powder in Pink Cheek Glow – This is one of my favorite everyday blushes. It gives me a very natural glow and blush. There’s no obvious shimmer which is perfect for an everyday look since I don’t blush shimmer lol… The packaging isn’t the best but hey.. it’s under 5 bucks. It can be applied lightly for a natural flush or applied heavier for a more dramatic look. It is very buildable. Also, for you oily chicks, it absorbs oil. Although, I have drier skin and I don’t have an issue with it. Do try this one!
Nymphette- Ill take one in every color please! Confessions of a fashion and beauty addict
Makeup Artist. Music Nerd. Foodie. Read more from this author